VHF Marine Transceiver
Not Just Another Marine Radio!
Tough, water resistant construction*.
The IC-M87 is built tough to withstand hazardus and unhospitable environments at sea and on land. Even if the IC-M87 is dropped into water, complete water resistance will protect it from harm. The compact and durable body also meets military specifications (MIL-STD).
* Equivalent to JIS Grade 7 or IPX7 of the corresponding International Standard IEC 529 (1989). (1 m depth for 30 minutes)
6 clearly labelled buttons on the front panel and the volume/power knob maximize simplicity of operation. Even when wearing gloves, the large buttons are easy to operate. A large, clear LCD with backlighting and backlight buttons make night time operation simple.
Li-Ion battery for extra long battery life.
With the standard 1700mAh Li-Ion battery pack, BP-227, you can get up to 15 hours of operating time* without worrying about ‘memory effect’of the battery. An optional AA alkaline battery case, BP-226, provides a convenient back up and great reassurance in an emergency.
* Typical operation; Tx:Rx:Standby duty ratio = 5:5:90
Water resistant speaker microphone, HM-138.
An optional water resistant speaker microphone, HM-138, provides reliable operation, allowing you to wear the IC-M87 on your belt for added portable convenience.
Powerful 5 Watts output power.
The 5 Watts of output power ensures the reliability of your communication, even over long distances
with the standard battery pack. To save on battery consumption, you can reduce the output power
to 3 Watts or 1 Watt.
22 free channels for PMR use.
The IC-M87 has 22 free channels reserved for PMR use (146-174MHz)*. Wide/narrow channel
spacing is programmable for each channel, and CTCSS and DTCS signaling is built in.
* Appropriate license may be required.
Desktop charger supplied.
The BC-152 desktop charger is a simple drop in charger. Set the charger on a table or mount it to a wall.
- Simple Up/Down switches for operating channel selection.
- Instant access to Ch. 16 and call channel.
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation.
- Monitor button opens squelch.
- 2 step power saver.
- Key lock function.
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in 4 levels.
- Beep sound is programmable for each button.
- The self check function checks internal temperature, connected battery voltage
(over voltage detection), and water intrusion